You do not have to understand airspace or complete all the questions, as CAGNE is here to help you participate and please use your own words so that you are counted.
1 – Transport Select Committee have an inquiry; deadline 24th March 2017, in to the Airports National Policy Statement. Following link here to read.
Suggested comments and use the form in the web link above – it is very straight forward. The CAGNE full response can be found here
Why Gatwick expansion is wrong for the UK:
- Gatwick is the wrong side of London;
- Gatwick is reliant upon European low cost holiday travel;
- Gatwick has only one road and one railway line which are congested;
- Gatwick profits from retailing and car parking and does little for UK economy:
- Gatwick does not attract business travel due to location;
- Gatwick expansion is not supported by airlines, MPs or councils that surround it;
- Gatwick is surrounded by tranquil areas of outstanding natural beauty and conservation areas and villages which is would destroy with aircraft noise day and night 365 days a year;
- Gatwick expansion would destroy more Grade II listed buildings than HS2;
- Gatwick owners are not into airport growth for the long-haul;
- Aviation growth is destroying the planet; Gatwick uses up carbon footprint to export leisure traffic out of the UK which brings little benefits to the UK purse or climate change targets; Aviation should be made to pay like other industries with a green tax, duty and VAT;
- Gatwick expansion would have the same impact on Climate Change as Heathrow;
- Gatwick expansion would only take more money out of the UK purse;
- Gatwick potentially could cause more pollution than Heathrow due to no infrastructure in all counties that neighbour it;
- Gatwick is not trusted.
The government strategy is planned to be an update to the 2013 Aviation Policy Framework and will be a comprehensive overview of the whole of the UK aviation sector – and the strategy proper will be unveiled at the back end of 2018. Deadline for this consultation is 25th May 2017.
You only need worry about Question 2: ‘Please give us your views on how best to address the issue of airport capacity in the South East of England by 2030. This could be through the Heathrow Northwest Runway scheme (the Government’s preferred scheme), the Gatwick Second Runway scheme, the Heathrow Extended Northern Runway scheme, or any other scheme.’
We would recommend re-iterating the above answer to consultation 1. The full CAGNE response can be found at this needs to be a link to report Evidence for Question 2 of the Heathrow southeast……..
An alternative copy to on line can be requested from email@example.com
You can email or post response for consultant 2 to National Policy Statement and Draft National Policy Framework for balance decisions to:
RunwayConsultation@dft.gsi.gov.uk or print it and post it to Freepost RUNWAY CONSULTATION
You must include your name and postal address and please use your own words to ensure you are counted.