CAGNE PC Forum’s Aims
To provide parish councils with an interface between the members of the parishes they represent who may be affected by aviation noise and pollution, and…
…the many bodies and businesses involved in the promotion, expansion and control of the highly complex and self-serving aviation industry.
To demystify complex issues and to cut through the ‘gobbledygook’.
To piggy back on and benefit from CAGNE’s actions, information and programmes in a manner that is appropriate for parish councils.
To challenge the largely out-dated and unsuitable legislation that is further masked by obscure aviation jargon and acronyms.
Based on CAGNE’s two principal objectives that are:
To ensure that every possible effort is made by Gatwick, Government and the aviation industry to minimise aircraft noise and its impact on local communities.
To achieve fact-based, fair and reasonable distribution of aircraft, thus fair and reasonably shared noise, while not moving noise from one community to another.
CAGNE’s team members who work with the CAGNE PC Forum members are:
- Parish councillors
- Highly informed
- Have essential high-level industry and government contact.
- Represented on aviation committees, Boards and forums.
- Ableto take on aviation issues and challenge the industry.
- Skilled in demystifying the subject for councils, via the Forum.
About the CAGNE PC Forum
- The Forum was launched by Loxwood Parish Councillor David O’Brien 2016 and CAGNE Chair, Sally Pavey.
- As issues surrounding Gatwick became more complex, our current 14 PC members asked for a specific PC Forum where they could share common aviation and noise issues with likeminded councillors.
- They wanted to address growing communication challenges including: technical jargon, airline vernacular and its implications to their parishes.
- Many residents are unaware of what changes were threatened.
- Parishes had little or no facility to be able to find out more, to discuss their concerns with others or to convey them to the appropriate bodies.
In response, we launched the CAGNE Parish Council Forum.Some of our immediate tasks include addressing:
- The ‘relevance’ of consultations and their output.
- The plethora of industry bodies and their roles: NMB, GATCOM, NATMAG, ACF, CAA, DfT, etc.
- The threat of Gatwick expansion and its implications for airspace, infrastructure and life as we know it.
- The absence ofan independent mechanism for providing councils withunbiased information that was not aviation industry influenced.
- Problems like the government policy to concentrate departing aircraft into nose-to-tail ‘bee lines’ flying along narrow flight paths (and arrivals are soon to follow).
- The absence of information and/or consultation with affected communities beneath.
For information, CAGNE’s objectives are:
- To ensure that every possible effort is made by Gatwick, Government and the aviation industry to minimise aircraft noise and its impact on local communities.
- To achieve fact-based, fair and reasonable distribution of aircraft, thus fair and reasonably shared noise while not moving noise from one community to another.
- To be well informed on all relevant matters.
- To acquire knowledge of plans for flight paths and other proposed changes in advance of implementation, and then effect positive change.
- To inform residents and share information on new flight paths in and out of Gatwick Airport, and other matters of concern.
- CAGNE has a track record of getting it right, breaking down jargon-filled consultations, and helping communities fight to save tranquility.